About Social Adventures
At Social Adventures, we want everyone to experience the joy of outdoor adventure. Our Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge Series is a regional, self-paced hiking challenge designed to inspire adventure while supporting outdoor-related non-profits. Our detailed hiking and backpacking guides on SoCalHiker helps inform and educate people of all levels, giving them the opportunity to embrace the outdoors as part of their lifestyle, regardless of their prior experience.
We are a nimble, scrappy team, and if you share our passion for the outdoors, we need you! We prioritize downtime. We practice what we preach, getting out on the trails as much as possible. It’s one of the key reasons we’ve opted for a 4-day work week.
General Position Summary
The Operations Assistant will plan and perform daily operations in a small office setting. This position will be responsible for customer support, communications and order fulfillment as well as other duties assigned by the Chief Adventure Officer.
- Provide realtime and asynchronous support for current and prospective challengers via multiple channels including email, text, phone and social media.
- Develop help desk documentation and end user support content.
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features.
- Update our internal databases with with information on technical issues and feedback from customers.
- Monitor customer feedback on social media and reach out to provide assistance.
- Assist in community development, collaborating with our Community Manager to respond to comments and participate in community discussions.
- Help plan and facilitate meaningful livestream and virtual events for the community.
- Adapt and improve web and email content and communication processes.
- Fulfill customer orders accurately and efficiently; packing, mailing and updating order status.
- Track and control inventory.
- Develop and report on performance metrics with regular updates.
- You have a passion for outdoor trails–whether hiking, trail running, backpacking or peak bagging–and encouraging others to get outside.
- You delight in the details and don’t let the little things slip.
- You are always learning and looking for ways to innovate and improve processes.
- You are an effective communicator, especially in writing.
- You have experience in customer support. Bonus points for Zendesk experience.
- You welcome the opportunity to work on your own, but can easily switch gears to work with a team.
- You are using content management systems like WordPress.
- You have prior operations experience in an office setting.
Location and Supervision
Social Adventures is located in the historic old town district of Bend, Oregon. This position requires in-office presence and proof of COVID-19 vaccination. The position reports directly to the Chief Adventure Officer.
Pay and Benefits
This is a full-time (32 hrs/wk), non-exempt position with vacation and paid time off.
The hourly wage is $20-25 per hour, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Fill out the form below. Review of completed applications will begin on December 17th and continue until the position is filled.